Thursday, February 7, 2019

Depression Protocol


Here's my yearly post regarding a protocol for depression that I make every year this time of the season. It's my most shared post. I have heard amazing feedback from so many regarding how well this worked to kick out their depression. If you're dealing with depression - I hope you give this a try. The supplements are very affordable and for most people, they feel a difference within 3-7 days.


Here's the post...

I used to deal with depression. It was awful. It would hit off and on while I was a teen. I remember sobbing uncontrollably because my favorite soap bar melted away in the shower. I remember being in a super dark place that seemed to be impenetrable by me or anyone or anything else.

As a young mother, depression hit worse than ever. Suicidal thoughts plagued me. I didn't care to get up in the mornings. I didn't care to be around anyone. I didn't care about me, my kids, my husband or being alive.

I'm sorry if any of you are currently dealing with depression - I know what it's like but I want you to know that there are very effective solutions to this seemingly unconquerable problem.

I'd like to share with you 3 specific things that work very well for pulling a person out of depression. In all of my experience and research, I've found that the following supplements are incredibly effective at re-balancing the chemicals in the brain (and also reducing inflammation which can contribute to the imbalance) that cause depression:

#1. Vitamin D3. I'd take at least 10,000 IU a day for 7-14 days, once a day. And then take 5,000 IU a day until summer comes. This is critical to overcoming depression.

#2. St. John's Wort Perika brand - I'd take it according to the directions on the bottle. Most people say St. John's wort takes weeks before it starts working. I've found that with this particular brand, it takes 3-7 days to start feeling that difference.

#3. For overall, easy to absorb vitamins that will help balance out brain chemicals, and provide methylated B vitamins, I'd take either Plexus' Multi-vitamin or Springtree's multi-vitamin.

4. Decreasing inflammation. Studies have shown that inflammation (especially chronic inflammation) can be a contributing factor to depression. Taking an anti-inflammatory supplement would be a good choice.


Here are resource links for each of these supplements:


#2. St. John's wort can be purchased from most health food stores. It's a specific kind called - St John's Wort PERIKA brand. Or get it from Amazon:

#3. Here are the links to the multi-vitamin. Super-Multi Plus is from a clinic in Utah and XFactor is from a network marketing company whose products I support:

XFactor Plus from Plexus

  #4. My two go-to anti-inflammatory remedies include Inflamasol by SpringTree Health or Ease by Plexus (another MLM product recommendation - forgive me. It's an excellent option that I've also tried in the past and haven't found a supplement that works quite like it - besides Inflamasol - which is why I recommend it.)     



Three Extra Issues to Consider

There are four extra issues to consider - especially if the above recommendations aren't having the positive effects you'd like in the time frame you'd like. These additional considerations would be a great addition to any depression protocol. 

1. Oxygen. Studies have shown that people who have lower oxygen levels in their body/brain have the tendency to have depression. I'd recommend doing deep belly breathing exercises for a few minutes a few times a day - taking a deep breath into the nose, holding the breath for a few seconds and breathing out through the mouth, repeating this several times for a few minutes. Exercising also helps increase oxygen to the brain and has been proven to decrease or eliminate depression altogether. 

2. Daily sunshine. The sun has amazing healing powers that go beyond increasing vitamin D in our bodies. Our bodies, especially when "drenched" with healthy fats, have the ability to soak up the healing photons from the sun that affects every cell in our body. (See Dr. Johanna Budwig's work for more info about this.) Getting 10 or more minutes of sunshine per day is incredibly beneficial. 

3. Healthy fats. Our organs, brain, and cells need healthy fats in order to function optimally. Healthy fats include Extra Virgin Olive oil, Avocado Oil, Flaxseed oil and some coconut butter and some butter. It's important that a person trying to overcome depression stays away from inflammation-causing oils such as canola oil, vegetable oils, or corn or soy oils. Lean meats and some red meats are fine. Eating fish (NOT from China) once or twice a week is excellent. 


It can take up to a week before you start noticing results. So don't give up too soon!

I hope this information will be a blessing to you!

~Claudia